Thursday, September 6, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I once saw a post on my friend's blog detailing what she and her son did for St. Patrick's Day. I loved what she did so I planned to do it for my boys on the next St. Patrick's Day.

The night before St. Patrick's Day, William and I read The Night Before St. Patrick's Day.
Pretty clever, right? He LOVED it!
We talked about leprechauns coming and how he could try and catch it and get his gold.

So we found a trap we liked in the book and we made it together.


We put a little gold of our own into the trap. Leprechauns like shiny things, you know. We were hoping he'd climb up the stairs, crawl through the tunnel, and fall into the cup while trying to get our gold. 

We also set up this trap hoping that as he stood on the rim of the container to get the gold he'd slip and fall into the box and get stuck inside. 

Another little trap. 

William dreaming of catching a leprechaun.

While William slept, a leprechaun came and made a TERRIBLE mess in his bedroom.
When William woke up in the morning he couldn't believe how messy his room was! 

As he started searching through the mess for a leprechaun, he found gold coins and little shamrocks. 

We checked the traps. 

And cleaned up the mess since toys, 

books, and clothes

were EVERYWHERE!!! 

Then he followed the trail of shamrocks out the door,

 down the hall,

and into the kitchen where he found a Rainbow surprise!

We also found this little note from that tricky leprechaun. 

He LOVED it!
This is definitely going to be a new St. Patrick's day tradition in our home. 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Very cute idea, except I don't know if I would want to clean up after that messy Leprechaun. Love the snacks he left though.

Michelle and Laron said...

SO cute to see someone else enjoying the Leprechaun! I LOVE the idea of leaving "Lucky Charms"... might have to remember that idea for next year! Great job though on doing all your posts!