Monday, September 10, 2012

Easter Day

Easter morning my boys found this waiting for them in the kitchen.


They were pretty excited. 

William loved his new puppy - which he named Whipper. 
He was also very excited about his new Bear book - Bear's Loose Tooth.

Henry loved his chocolate and ate as many pieces as he could shove into his mouth. 

Charlie loved his little hippo. He was pretty content to chew on it and watch the rest of us. 

David was thrilled by his surprise! I love surprising him. Unfortunately the surprise didn't come in time, so instead he got a 3x5 note card announcing his surprise.  I was very excited to finally get a cookie scoop.

Each of the boys got a new tie for Easter.
I love making matching ties for my boys! 

For breakfast we made resurrection rolls together. We took a large marshmallow, rolled it in butter and spices, and rolled it up in a crescent roll. This represented the anointing of Christ's body with oil and spices and the placing of His body in the tomb. We explained the representations to our boys while we made the rolls together.  

When it was time to eat them the boys were amazed to see that the rolls were empty!
We explained that just like the roll was empty, so was the tomb empty on Easter morning.
We talked about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and how because of what He did for us we all will be resurrected.
It was a great little object lesson for the boys. I hope to make this an Easter tradition. I also want to spend more time throughout the week leading up to Easter talking about the events of that week. I truly love Easter and all that it celebrates.
I know my Lord and Savior lives!!!
I have so much HOPE in my life because of all that my Savior has done and still does for me. 

We then got ready for church. My boys wore their new Easter ties. 

I have the cutest boys! I sure love these three!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the idea of resurrection rolls! That's brilliant!

Becky said...

I will have to get your recipe and try those next Easter with my kids.