Monday, September 24, 2012

My 4 year old

It is crazy sometimes to think that I have a 4 year old!
William loves being 4.
He is so excited to be 5 next year so he can go to kindergarten.
Here are some fun facts about William at 4 years old.


He's growing well.
He was 36 pounds and 40.5 inches at his 4 year check up.
He got his kindergarten shots at his appointment.
When he woke up that morning he laughed and said "I get to have shots today!"
We talked about being brave when getting his shots. He told us he would laugh during them.
He started to cry when they were getting the shots ready, but then he did this awesome fake laugh while the nurses did the first 2 shots. When his 3rd one went in he cried a bit.
But he was so brave! He did a great job!

William made some great friends when we lived in our apartment.
The two above are sisters - Tim and Claire. This was taken right before they moved back to the Philippines. 

And of course Kayden!
William would often tell me that Kayden was his best friend.
William is a very sweet, very bright boy.
He talks in his sleep and says some pretty funny things.
On the day of his appointment he said "Booyah Grandma" in his sleep.
I just about died laughing!
William loves books and reading. He knows all the letters - both upper case and lower case, and all the sounds. So in February I started teaching him how to read using the book Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons.  It took a bit of time for the sounding out process to make sense to him, but once he caught on he took off with his reading. We still have about 30 or so lessons to go, but he is a great reader! He loves reading books by himself. He just read One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish the other day and only needed help with a few words. He really enjoys reading! He is also doing a great job writing. He learned to write his name a few months before we started the reading lessons. He can write most if not all of the lower case letters and some upper case. The reading lessons include writing sounds, so he's learned to write the lower case letters that way. He doesn't go to preschool so I figured I should work with him at home. After all that is what my degree is in!

He still loves Cars, Dinosaur Train, Winnie the Pooh and many other things. He loves all Mo Willems books and Dr. Seuss books. He pretty much loves all books in general! 
He and Henry play very well together most of the time. They are spending less time fighting each other and smacking each other, but they do have their fighting moments.
He loves primary and he loves singing the primary songs.
He enjoys riding his bike around the block or up and down our sidewalks.
He loves all things BYU and can sing the fight song perfectly.
He is a good helper around the house. He loves helping with laundry. He sets the table for our meals. He usually grabs his little broom and helps me sweep when I am sweeping. 
He still loves to cuddle. He loves giving hugs and kisses.
He is such a sweetheart!

He recently bore his testimony in church for the first time. The ironic thing was that as we were sitting down that Sunday I thought about how he's never asked to go up and share his testimony on fast Sunday. I decided to have a family night focusing on testimonies. Later that same Sunday, I was in the mother's room when I heard this sweet little voice over the speakers. My heart leaped when I realized it was William. I was sad I couldn't see it, but I loved hearing his sweet little voice over the speakers. David told me he jumped up and started to leave the bench. He stopped William and asked him what he was doing. He told David what he wanted to say and David let him go up by himself. He shared a simple testimony. He said, " I love to share my testimony. I know this church is true." Then he kinda mumbled a bit, and then he closed the proper way. It was simple, yet beautiful. I've had many, many comments from people in our ward about how impressed they were with his testimony. I love seeing his love of the gospel grow!


David and I feel so blessed to have him as our son!
We love you William!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very sweet story, great job William!!