2 months old!!!
Stats at 2 months
10 lbs 12 oz
22 1/2 inches long
He'd almost doubled his birth weight - just 2 ounces shy!
All of my boys had almost doubled their birth weight by 2 months.
I guess it's not hard to do when you start out so little.
It's always fun to compare their sizes. William was 11 lbs 14 oz (this is 6 oz over doubling his birth weight) and Henry was 13 lbs 9 oz (1 oz shy of doubling birth weight).
Here is a look back at his second month - January 18th through February 18th.
Charlie has been a wonderful baby from the beginning. He is a great eater and a great sleeper. During his 2nd month of life he went from waking up 2 or 3 times a night to only waking up once a night. He has such a soft, sweet cry. And he is so snuggly! I love it!
Charlie was rather stubborn, though, when it came to smiling. He made me wait until he was 7 1/2 weeks old before he shared his first "social smile". And after that it still took a while for him to really share that smile regularly. But his smile was worth the wait! He has such a sweet smile!
With Henry I didn't take the opportunity to nap like this with him when he was an infant. I'm sad I didn't. And I know this is a picture of David napping with Charlie, but I took the opportunity many times to snuggle with my baby and take a little nap. I would only do this while Henry was taking his afternoon nap. William would usually be playing in the room while I would nap.
Living in a 2 bedroom apartment is rather tricky with 3 little ones. Charlie slept in our bedroom in a cradle. Since David worked in our bedroom during the afternoon and evenings Charlie would typically nap on his bouncy seat in the living room. I love the picture above because it shows how he is starting to get chubby cheeks!
Charlie fit into newborn clothes until he was almost 2 months old. Well longer actually. He could fit in them for quite a while. But I got sick of the same outfits over and over again around the time he was 2 months old so I started putting him in 0-3 month clothes. Above and below were some of my favorite newborn outfits.
Charlie with one of his great grandpas. My boys are so lucky to have all 4 great grandpas still living.
I love watching my Grandpa hold babies. You can just feel of the great love he has for them.
Charlie's first time wearing a bumGenius cloth diaper. We didn't use these very consistently with him for another month or two.
Some other notable things:
Charlie first rolled over from his tummy to his back when he was 5 weeks old. He did it several times but then refused to roll over again until just a month or so ago when he was 7 months old.
He had a cousin born on the double side during January. So he has a cousin on each side of our families born within a month or so of him. When Calvin was born in January he already weighed more than Charlie!
We love you little Charlie!

1 comment:
I love the pictures of Charlie. He looks so sweet and precious. I love watching them sleep at that age.
Post a Comment