Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bo's Miracle

On Monday the 8th, Bo ate a rope toy.
He had shredded the rope and would carry it around with him.
One day he decided it looked good enough to eat.
Well, later Monday he started vomiting.
Tuesday he only ate half his food and vomited that all back up.
Then he stopped eating and having bowel movements all together.

David checked online and read it should pass within 24 to 48 hours.
If it didn't, then further action would be necessary.
Well, it didn't pass.
He became so lethargic and sad.
I took him to the vet on Thursday.
His x-ray showed 2 intestinal blockages.
Surgery would be $1200 to $1500.
I knew we couldn't afford it.
I sat there and sobbed as I thought of putting my 1 year old dog to sleep.
I thought of how my boys would react to not having a dog anymore.
I thought of how sad David would be.


Well, I took Bo home and we prayed.
And we prayed.
And we prayed.
We had talked about putting him down on Friday the 12th (happy anniversary to us...).

On Friday, David felt impressed to have him keep drinking water and to wait until Monday.
So that's what we did.
On Sunday we fasted in our own ways since neither of us can fast in the true since right now.
And we kept praying.
That night David put Bo in the garage and left the kennel door open so he could walk around the garage.
We thought for sure we would be saying good bye to our dear pet in the morning.
It was heartbreaking to see how upset David was about it.

Monday morning we woke up to a stinky, miraculous surprise.
Bo had passed the objects!
I've never been so happy to see poop in all my life!
He was excited to go outside.
He ran and played fetch with his ball.
He ate food!


David was so excited that he ran inside and called his mom!
I am so happy to see David happy again!


Bo is now acting normal again.
He's eating and pooping like he should.
He's playful and energetic.
Our prayers and the prayers of our family members have been answered.
It truly is a miracle!
Now we just need to get his weight back up to normal.

We all love our dear Bo!!!
(These pictures were taken a week or so before this happened.)

2 comments:

Becky said...

It is interesting watching that video because he was not that active when I was there he. He was still so sweet and friendly though. I am so glad that he is better I was very sad about the whole situation.

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing your miracle. It made me cry to read about. Thank you for YOUR examples of faith. So glad Bo is okay!!!