Monday, April 8, 2013

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day began the way every holiday should begin - with a delicious breakfast!


Heart-shaped french toast with nutella and strawberries between the layers.

I found out Charlie isn't really a fan of strawberries.
Hopefully that will change soon!

Henry is my strawberry-lovin boy!
(It must be the red hair)
He gobbled it all up!

William loved it as well!
I love making good food for my family!

Later on that morning we made sugar cookies.

The boys had a great time cutting out different shapes.
 

David surprised us and took the day off!
We got to spend the whole day together!

We opened up gifts before lunch.
Each of the boys received a new book.
They also received Peter Pan on blu-ray as a family gift.

Charlie loved his farm animal book.
 

Henry was excited about his dinosaur book!
 

And William LOVES his new joke book!
It has lots of cute jokes in it.

He loves telling us the jokes he learns.

I saw this card idea on Pinterest and I knew David would love it.
It says - "today I have loved you for 3785 days" and on the inside it says "and I will love you for a million more." As of February 14th, David and I have been together for 3785 days. That is counting from October 5, 2002 (the day of our first date) to Valentine's Day 2013.

I also found this idea online.
I filled a jar with riesens and made a tag for the jar saying something about all the "riesens" I love you. On each riesen I had taped a little piece of paper with one reason why I love him. He really liked it!
I received flowers and chocolate! Perfect gift!

For lunch I made a heart shaped pizza.
You can sorta make out the heart shape!
The rest of the day was spent playing and reading together.
We also watched Peter Pan together.
That night we had a candlelight dinner.
I made chicken parmesan soup.
And then for dessert we had this beauty -

Red velvet cake roll.

It was divine!
I love Valentine's Day. It's fun to take a day just to celebrate love!
I sure love my boys and my amazing husband!

No comments: