Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sometimes being a grown-up isn't much fun

Totaled. The one word I dreaded hearing. But it's true. Our car is totaled. David was involved in an accident yesterday on his way home from work. The cars in front of him slowed down, he slowed down, but the guy behind him hit him, pushing David into the car in front of him. David is ok.
I'm pretty bummed. I liked my car. It was my first car. It was our only car. This is the car that was decorated on our wedding day. This is the car we brought our baby home from the hospital in. Now, it is smooshed. At least we have the memories. Here are pictures of our broken car.







The driver's door doesn't close all the way, and the back driver's side door doesn't even open.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo 4-door sedan

This is an idea of what it is supposed to look like. So sad.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

'Cus and Britt said...

I am so sad for you... but I am very glad that David is ok. Dang that is the WORST! If you need anything then let me know!

Becky said...

Your car looks so sad! I am sure it will miss you too!! We are glad that it protected David though.

Alyssa said...

Ohhh sad...
Im glad David is okay! Your poor car..

lori said...

No fun!!!! I'm so sorry! Car trouble is such a pain - always so unexpexted!

Kanien said...

Jon and I were wanting to know why you couldn't have been driving OUR car? ;)

Beej & Chris said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I am glad David is doing ok.

Unknown said...

OH, I'm so sorry!

Jacob said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, that's a real bumper.... er.... bummer. Glad David is okay! What are you getting next?