Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Tag

I saw this on Crystal's blog. I thought it would be fun to do it. Hope you enjoy!

1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? At home in my bathroom. I had to keep leaving the bathroom, though, because I was SO nervous and excited. The test started turning positive almost right away, but we wanted to wait the 2 or 3 minutes to be totally sure.
2. Who was with you? David.
3. What was your first reaction? I was so excited! We had been trying for a few months and I had gotten somewhat discouraged. I cried tears of joy when the test turned positive. I also said a silent prayer of gratitude.
4. What was your husband's reaction? He was so excited, too! We just hugged each other for a few minutes.
5. Who was the first person you told? I think it was my dad, or else it was Becky, my sister.
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Definitely!
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes! I was thrilled at how everyone - especially my mom- took the news.
8. What was the sex? Boy!
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? Yes. My mom and David's mom threw one for friends in Layton. Crystal and Christie threw one for my friends in Provo/Orem. Tessa threw one for friends from my old ward. And my mom and my sister, Shannon, threw one for family.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Yes, some were for the wrong season. But we still have them.
11. How much weight did you gain? Hmm... not quite sure, but at least 30.
12. Did you get stretch marks? Not on my stomach!
13. Did you crave anything crazy? Not really. But I LOVED potato chips, and I drank TONS of water.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? When people would say that you are technically pregnant for ten months. Trust me, you're only pregnant for 9! If you have any doubts, I would love to show you on a calendar!
15. Where were you when you went into labor? At my parents' home in Layton, asleep.
16. Did you have any complications? William's heart rate started dropping towards the end because of my contractions.
17. Did your water break? Yes! I woke up at 4:45 am soaked! And it kept coming for hours after!
18. Who drove you to the hospital? David
19. Did you go early or late? 3 1/2 weeks early.
20. Who was in the room? David, Dr. Holmes, an intern, my Labor and delivery nurse Ashley, and a nurse for William.
21. Did you video tape it? NO!
22. Did you have any pain medication? Yes, I got an epidural - and LOVED it! I let it wear off towards the end so when it came time to push, I could feel it. It was incredible.
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural.
24. What was your reaction to the birth? I was so excited and happy! And I was grateful to be done with pushing!
25. How big was the baby? 5 lbs 12 oz
26. Did your husband cry? No.
27. When is the next one coming? Probably in 2010. We'll see though. Nothing has been decided.
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Yes! I will never forget the first time I held William. It was absolutely amazing.
This is William's first photo. I think it is incredible! I LOVE this photo!

2 comments:

My life in a blog said...

I'm so jealous you didn't get stretch marks on your tummy! By the way, we are having another baby in September. I keep meaning to call and tell you, but Alana has taken my time contantly lately. So we're almost 8 weeks! :)

Alyssa said...

Hes so skinny and little in that pic! Thanks for posting this it was fun, I might just do it on my blog when and if I find the time!!