Thursday, January 22, 2009

5 months old

William is now five months old! He is doing so well and is such a great baby! David and I are so grateful that we have him. We are constantly amazed at how much love we feel for him. Our love for each other has also grown because of our new role as parents.
William is now eating solids! We started about 2 1/2 weeks ago with rice cereal. He wasn't quite sure about it at first, but now he enjoys it. It took him about 1 1/2 weeks to realize that he should open his mouth when the spoon is coming toward it. This week we started introducing other new foods. He has had applesauce (he loved it!) and today he tried sweet potatoes. I love the way he smacks his lips when he's eating! It is so darling! He is trying to roll from his back to his tummy, but hasn't quite figured it out. He can scoot around when he is on his tummy; it's pretty cute! He talks all the time! He'll even talk as he's going to sleep. It's pretty funny to hear him babbling away one second, and then to see him sound asleep the next.


"Whoa mom, what was that?"
This was taken after his first bite of rice cereal.


"Maybe this isn't so bad after all."

He loves to play!

William is so funny! He doesn't mind having things on his head or covering his eyes! He thought it was so funny when we put the diaper on his head!

Silly boy!

I left him on the couch with his book. When I came back this is how I found him! He was pretty happy too! He was kicking and smiling!

Sleepy boy! William doesn't usually fall asleep when I nurse him in the evening. But this particular night he was exhausted!

David LOVES trying to get him to stand when he is asleep like this. Of course it doesn't work.

I love being a mother! It is the best! I love to go in when William is sleeping at night and just look at him. I am often overwhelmed with the incredible love I feel for him. I am so grateful that William is my son. I enjoy every day that I get to spend with him. It isn't always easy, but it is so worth it.

Side note: I saw Sister Julie Beck last night as I was waiting in the ticket line for the BYU basketball game. When I saw her I wanted to go up to her and give her a hug! But I didn't. I just want to say that I love her talks! I know her talk Mothers Who Know wasn't very popular, but I still love it. I am so grateful that as a mother I have the gospel in my life and I am SO excited to be able to share the gospel with William.

6 comments:

'Cus and Britt said...

You have the cutest little family, and William is the BEST baby! I just loved visiting you two yesterday!!!

Jacob said...

Rose, that picture of him in the hat on the sidebar is pretty darn spiffy. What a little man! He looks all like David, which is unfortunate. Har har. Nice post.

Becky said...

He is such a cutie (cuttie), hehe we can't wait to see him again next month. Give him some kisses from me and Anthony.

Alyssa said...

So cute!!! I love the pics with things on his head - it cracks me up :)

Beej & Chris said...

William is getting so big. I love your pictures. we need to get together soon!

Unknown said...

I'm happy to hear you are so happy! Kids are great! He's a cutie. You should definitely keep him! :)