Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!
My sister's in-laws were so kind to us and invited us to eat with them.
We love the Wilkinson family!
They had AMAZING food!!
The turkey was great, the stuffing was perfect.
They had about 20 or so side dishes. It was incredible.
My favorites were the stuffed mushrooms (I seriously ate at least 7) and the baked wrapped stuffing.


Grace enjoyed Thanksgiving.

This was Charlie's first Thanksgiving.
He loved the cheese sticks and the sweet potato casserole.

David and I both ate way too much food.
It was just so hard to resist all that goodness!

Henry's favorite food by far was the jello.
He had a few helpings of the jello I made.

He loved it so much I even found it in his pocket!

William also really liked the food. I didn't get any good pictures of him though! So sad!

Charlie loved all the good food!

Sharing his dirty fingers with mommy!

After we ate we visited with the Wilkinsons for a while.
Charlie eventually reached his breaking point.
Skipping nap time is hard!


I spent Thanksgiving morning making pies for our annual pie party with my dad's family.
This was my first time making pies for the party.
I really enjoyed baking these pies!
Baking from scratch is so fun and so relaxing to me.

My very first Pumpkin Pie.
It was DELICIOUS!!!

And this was a masterpiece - Chocolate Mousse Cheescake Pie. (recipe here)
It was heavenly and oh so rich! And it was gobbled up at the party!
I only had one little slice left. I was excited to take it home and eat it the next day.
When I returned from the church gym to gather up our things I found several finger marks in the slice.
My little nieces had gotten to it. So sad. I guess I'll just have to make it again for Christmas!
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Adam said...

You should make the chocolate pie again for New Years ;)

Becky said...

Looks like a lovely Thanksgiving. Hope you know how grateful I am for you and your family.