Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Henry turns 9 months old

These are highlights of Henry from January 22nd to February 21st when he turned 9 months old.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again in this post and more to come. Henry LOVES food. He started switching from baby food to table food during this month. He'll eat anything! He'll even eat leaves - as seen in the top left picture above. During this time he was nursing 4 times a day and eating 3 solid meals a day. 

This was Henry's first time playing at the park. He loved swinging (and eating the swing) and he loved the slide. I'm sure he'll love it even more this spring and summer. 

Henry loves his johnny jumper.  This was one of his Christmas presents and he sure enjoys it!
These pictures also show how expressive Henry is. He makes so many funny and cute faces! I love it! 

Henry had his first cold the beginning of February. He was so very miserable! I hate seeing my kids like this; it is heart-wrenching! He also developed a double ear infection. My poor little baby was miserable for about a week. I am thankful that he didn't develop croup during this time. William came down with croup about a week before Henry got his cold. When I took him to the doctor he weighed in at a whopping 20 pounds 1/2 ounce. 


Henry started pulling himself up to standing and cruising along furniture during this month.
He started out s-l-o-w-l-y cruising his way along the couch, but now he's a pro!


One of my favorite things about Henry is his kisses. He gives big, open-mouthed, sloppy kisses. He'll just lean right in and give me a big kiss. I LOVE it! I love this picture - he's giving himself a kiss!
Another favorite thing about Henry is his laugh! He loves to laugh. He's got such a cute, contagious laugh. I love getting him to laugh.  After I would nurse him before bed I would always get him laughing good and hard for several minutes. It was always a highlight of my day!


Henry loves being swaddled. I tried to quit swaddling him, but I could tell he still wanted to be swaddled.

And finally a tooth update: by the time Henry turned 9 months old he had 4, almost 5 teeth! William was SO slow getting teeth (first one at 11 months). Henry just kept popping them out! He got his teeth in a really weird order though.
1st tooth - bottom left front
2nd tooth- top left side (one next to front tooth)
3rd tooth- bottom right front
4th tooth- bottom right side

And thankfully, at this point in time, he didn't use them on me!
We love you, Henry!

2 comments:

'Cus and Britt said...

Who cares... swaddle that cute baby if he wants it! Give him anything he wants... he's so cute! He melts my heart! I LOVE big, chubby babies!

Becky said...

He is such a cute little chubby boy. I sure do love him. Can't wait to see him this summer.