On March 2nd we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday.
I made a hat for William the day before modeled after the Cat in the Hat's hat. He sure loved it!
I made a hat for William the day before modeled after the Cat in the Hat's hat. He sure loved it!
We started out the day with a Dr. Seuss style breakfast. I checked out the Green Eggs and Ham cookbook from the library. From that we got a recipe for Moose Juice (pretty much an orange julius). It was so easy and SO yummy!
Our main breakfast dish was a blueberry bumpling (also from the Green Eggs and Ham cookbook).
They were really good! It's pretty much a biscuit recipe with blueberries added in.
Throughout the day we read LOTS of Dr. Seuss books.
We ended the day with green eggs and ham for dinner. These aren't quite what Sam I am offers, but they were just as good!
William would definitely eat green eggs and ham with a goat and on a boat!
Henry would eat his in a box with a fox!
We loved Dr. Seuss Day!
It is definitely something we will have to celebrate every year.
And now I can remember which day is his birthday without looking it up because my cute little nephew, Zachary, was born this year on March 2nd! Welcome to the world little Zachary! I can't wait to meet you.
2 comments:
Hooray for finding ways to celebrate life! I love the hat. And the food. What a great tradition to start.
That looks like lots of fun. Zach can't wait to meet you all too.
Post a Comment