Friday, May 20, 2011

Henry turns 11 months old!

Henry turned 11 months old on April 21st.
Here are highlights from March 22nd through April 21st.


This kid has a very talented tongue. He can fold it and twist it all sorts of ways. 

Henry loved playing in this box. He loves playing with William's toys as well as his own. He LOVES the playhouse I made for them. He'll crawl in and out of it any way he pleases. He loves to crawl in it and giggle. 

He loves dark chocolate! 


He really loves any food. The only thing he sometimes will turn away is scrambled eggs. 


One Sunday after church, Henry escaped while he was getting his diaper changed. He was crawling away laughing hysterically like he was the funniest guy around! All he had on were his black socks.
Henry loves laughing and loves getting chased!


We've also discovered that Henry loves balloons. 

Shortly after Henry got his 7th tooth he started biting me. We continued nursing for a week or so and he would only bite me occasionally. Well, one day he bit me while he was nursing and my reaction really scared him.  I tried comforting him and nursing him again, but he refused. He refused to nurse the rest of that day. The next morning he nursed perfectly though! He didn't bite and he didn't arch his back and scream.  Sadly, that was his last time nursing. Every time I tried after that he would arch his back and scream. I tried giving him a few days without attempting it, but when I tried again he still freaked out. I finally decided to let it go. It was a very hard decision but it was what was best for Henry. I started pumping that very first day that he refused. I pumped for a week with just my hand pump, but then I was able to borrow an electric pump. I actually just stopped pumping a week ago. My milk was definitely drying up. Thank goodness for the free formula I had received in the mail around the time he was born. Thanks to that and to what I was able to produce we never had to buy formula. And now that he's almost 1 he is on whole milk.
Henry drank his bottle best if we just laid him on the floor with it. So in the above picture he is enjoying one of his bottles. 


We sure love this happy, adorable little boy. He sure has a fun personality! We are so grateful that Henry joined our family. We love you, little bear!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becky said...

He looks like such a happy little boy. I love the booty shot very cute. I can't wait to see him again, it is hard to believe last time I saw him he was only like 10 weeks old. Kiss him for me.