Henry was blessed in our ward on the 4th of July. David gave him a beautiful priesthood blessing. The spirit there was beautiful. I could tell that David gave his blessing a lot of thought so it would be what Heavenly Father wanted pronounced upon Henry. We were so grateful to be surrounded by family on this special occasion. I didn't take an individual picture of him in his blessing outfit, but we are going to get some professional pictures taken soon so I'll post some of those.

Henry with our family.

Henry with our family.
He sure was worn out by the day!
I just have to point out his blue blanket. David's employer, Xango, sent that to us. It even has Henry's name embroidered on it. Henry loves it and so do we!
We had lunch after church at my grandparents' house. We had a great time visiting with our family. While we were setting the food outside, I was carrying 2 pitchers of water to the deck. I failed to notice that the sliding screen door was shut and walked right into it! It was pretty hilarious and embarrassing since most of my family were watching me!
Also, while we were eating, this little stinker decided to take a walk by himself. My grandparents' backyard isn't fenced in so William took off. I thought he was with David until everyone started asking me where William was. Apparently a man came into the backyard asking if we were missing a child. I didn't see that happen, but when everyone was asking about William I quickly went up to the front of the house. The wife of that man came up to me carrying William. He was half way to the end of the block! They noticed him walking by himself as they were driving up the road. They stopped and got out of their car to catch him. I am so grateful for those kind people who saved my son for me. Needless to say, William was watched like a hawk the rest of the luncheon!
Henry's blessing day was definitely a day I'll never forget!

3 comments:
What a special day for you guys. I love blessing days.
I love the new pictures and the updates you made. Henry looks so big and so different from his big brother. I can't wait to see him next week.
I love the changes you made to your blog. We are glad that we could be there for Henry's blessing and enjoyed spending time with everyone. Looks like you had a wonderful time together for your 4th of July celebrations. It makes my day when there are updated blogs to look at. Love you all.
Post a Comment