Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fourth of July

One thing I love about living in Utah is that if a major holiday (other than Christmas) falls on Sunday that holiday is celebrated the Saturday before out of respect for the Sabbath. I know this bothers some people, but I sure do appreciate it. This being said, we got to celebrate the 4th of July on the 3rd, the 4th and the 5th.


On the 3rd, we headed to Pleasant Grove for fireworks! William sure had fun waiting for the fireworks. He got to eat lots of yummy licorice and play with mom and dad.


Henry also seemed to enjoy waiting for the fireworks.
(You may or may not notice that smudge in the middle of most of our pictures from this time frame. I didn't until I uploaded some pictures. You can thank William's fingers for that.)


William made the most of the waiting period by preaching a great sermon to the people.


Too bad we couldn't figure out what he was saying, but I am certain it was profound.

On the 4th of July we celebrated by going to church. After all this nation was originally settled by people seeking religious freedom. I am so grateful that we have this freedom.

On the 5th we enjoyed a barbecue with my grandparents and some of my uncles and their families. I didn't take any pictures there. When we got home William got to play with those snap things. He had a great time dropping them off the balcony.

Bombs away!!!!


Wow!

We hope you had a great (3rd) 4th (5th) of July!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you all had a great 3rd, 4th and 5th of July.