Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A new adventure

A few weeks ago my friend Crystal blogged about considering a switch to cloth diapers. At first I admit I thought she was crazy, but as I looked at the sites she had linked to I realized she was not! After several hours and days of research, prayers, and discussions, David and I decided to jump in and make the switch. We are using bumGenius pocket diapers and so far (after 2 1/2 days) we love it!!! I don't have time right now to get into a lot of details. However, a few of my friends and I are pulling together to run a blog about cloth diapering. I know there are a lot of misconceptions about cloth diapering, so I want to help clear up those ideas.

Now don't give me wrong, I love Huggies. However, it gets expensive to spend $40+ a month on diapers. When we have another baby that expense will most likely double! So, we have made an investment now in cloth diapers. It will take time (about 10 months) to start saving money, but the initial investment is worth it.

So without further ado, here is William modeling one of his new diapers!

It's a little bulky, but not bad at all!!!



He loves them, and that's what matters!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

heather said...

You are so brave. I just don't think I would have the patience for it. When I was potty training Gabe I felt like I was constantly cleaning his underwear but I knew that he would eventually get not going in them so there was light at the end of the tunnel for me.
But I am really interested in how you do so please blog about it. I am considering it for whenever we have our 3rd.
Oh a side note: I hear that it is easier to potty train them since they are in cloth diapers. So that is a plus right?

Alyssa said...

Thats awesome! I also don't think I have the patience (misconception maybe??) However when I think of the hundreds - possibly thousands of dollars spent on diapers, it makes me sick...blah...
Good luck, hes too cute in his diaper :)

Alyssa said...

I just calculated and we have prob spent over 1,300 dollars in diapers in the last two years....YIKES
thats horrible........

Katie said...

wow you are so adventurous. we looked into cloth diapers before the boys were born because we knew we would be going through them like crazy. well in the end we decided against it, for now. i just do have the time to take care of cloth diapers and the boys. maybe in a couple of months we will reevaluate... but for now we are huggies people. plus it helps that they are way cheap at the commissary and we don't pay sales tax... good luck glad it is working out thus far!!!

Anonymous said...

I love fluffy bums!!!! So cute in his diapers!!!

Becky said...

Hey little mama, you need baby proof your house. I saw some exposed plugs!!!! I don't want my nephew getting hurt.

Kat said...

You are a brave woman. I'm too lazy to do that.

wendospendo said...

You little boy is growing sooo fast. How are you doing?

Haylee said...

Way to go brave woman!! hey, I need your address so I can get you your prize from winning on my blog!! Send your address to hayhodge@hotmail.com Love you!

My life in a blog said...

I'm liking it so far. A little gross when the poo gets on the diaper, and Stuart is not a fan. Which kind of stinks because that means I'm totally responsible for the diapers. But oh well. I think it's worth it!