I love birthdays! I love getting one year older. Call me crazy, but I love the fact that I am getting older. I have always hoped that I would be able to age gracefully... you know, accept that my hair is losing its color and fully embrace wrinkles. I actually have a goal to have happy wrinkles, the kind you get from smiling a lot. I guess I owe these feelings to my grandma. She embraces where she is at in her life and lives life to the fullest. Anyway.... enough about that.
I had a really great birthday. On the 23rd I got to celebrate my birthday with my family. My dad made a delicious dinner and my mom made a yummy cake. It was great having my younger brother and my oldest sister and her family there to celebrate.

My cute niece, Emma, gave me this for my birthday. She wrote 'I love you' all by herself. She just finished kindergarten.
I had a really great birthday. On the 23rd I got to celebrate my birthday with my family. My dad made a delicious dinner and my mom made a yummy cake. It was great having my younger brother and my oldest sister and her family there to celebrate.
My cute niece, Emma, gave me this for my birthday. She wrote 'I love you' all by herself. She just finished kindergarten.
My dad gave William a little piece of cake without any frosting. He sure loved it!!!
On my birthday, David planned a little picnic for me. We were going to go to the park, but we ran out of time. So we just ate in the front yard. We went out to dinner at Red Robin and enjoyed a lovely piece of their ice cream pie. Then David went shopping by himself and picked out a really cute skirt and shirt from DownEast for me. He even asked the sales lady if it matched before he bought it. The funny thing is is that the outfit he chose out for me was actually on a mannequin in the front window! I love the outfit he chose out for me. Thanks honey!!!
I also got to celebrate my birthday with David's family this last Sunday. We had a great time! This time I remembered to make a wish before I blew out the candles!
Memorial Day
This is definitely one of my favorite holidays. I love going to Tooele and visiting the graves of my relatives. I think it is so neat that 4 generations of my family are buried there! I feel like I'm getting to know my relatives when I visit their graves and learn more about their history from my grandpa. I love this tradition!!!
I also love this holiday because on occasion my birthday is on memorial day! I've even figured it out that my 40th birthday will be on memorial day. I look forward to that!!!!
This was William's first trip out to Tooele. We had lots of fun!
William and I by the De La Mare marker. Philip De La Mare was my 3rd-great grandpa. He had 3 wives. We come through his wife Marie Chevalier. She was originally taken on as a nurse by him and his first wife because his wife was rather sickly. He later married Marie. The funny thing is is that Marie ended up dying before the sickly wife.
We hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!

4 comments:
Yay for a happy birthday!! Im glad william enjoyed the cake :) He sure is a cutie. I love that you go to Toole and visit the graves of family members, thats an awesome tradition!
Ok, so nobody who has had a baby should be so petite! No fair! Just kidding, glad you had some good celebrating!
Glad you had a nice birthday and enjoyed your days. That is a good tradition to have and the older I get the more I wish we would have done something like that. My grandmother use to go put flowers on everyone's graves every year without fail and my aunt has taken over for her in doing that. I keep thinking each year that I am going to start doing it. We did visit Jon's grave this memorial day and it was nice. I use to always think that I don't need to go to the cemetary to remember them but I can see in my old age that it is something that should be done. We need to plan a trip to Emery so we can show you where David's relatives are buried and then also the cemetary in Bountiful and Idaho.
Glad you had a happy birthday and a good holiday! I love Memorial Day too - for the same reasons.
Post a Comment