Thursday, July 8, 2010

Henry's hospital stay and coming home

After William and Terry spent some time with Henry, we decided it was time for Henry to have a bath. David, Terry, and William left with Henry to watch his bath.

Terry and William watching Henry's bath through the nursery window.


Henry cried through most of his bath.


We had lots of visitors during our stay. Shannon and her family plus Lily came Friday night along with my mom and Adam. On Saturday we had even more visitors. My aunt Eileen, Grandma Neal, my mom, Kanien and girls, and my uncle Jim and his family all came to visit. And of course Terry and William came multiple times while we were in the hospital.


William showed a lot more interest in Henry on Saturday.


Henry actually spent both nights in the nursery. The nurses were so kind and took great care of him. Friday night he only came in once to eat and that was around 5 am. Saturday night he came in twice - around 2 and again around 5. I didn't send him back to the nursery after the last feeding. I honestly didn't sleep that well with him gone. And I wanted to be able to watch my baby sleep.

Sunday morning we got ready to go home. While we were waiting to be discharged David and I got to partake of the sacrament. It was quite wonderful being able to partake of the sacrament in the hospital.

Here we are all dressed and ready to go. Henry looked so adorable in the outfit I picked out for him. One of the nurses commented on his outfit and said it was the cutest "going home outfit" she'd seen. We left the hospital around 12:30 pm.

Home at last!

3 comments:

Terry said...

I enjoyed staying there and taking care of William. We had a lot of fun. We liked the many visits to the hospital to see Henry and of course David and Rosalee too.

Becky said...

I am so glad that I helped pick out that outfit for him. He is cute in some pictures I can see David in him. I can't wait to meet him.

Kanien said...

Henry is so cute. I am glad I got to come and see you guys in the hospital. I love how those green binki's look so huge. He is so sweet.