Today I had a really good talk with my brother-in-law Eric. The kind of talk that only occurs over Facebook chat or when others aren't around. This talk completely lacked the sarcasm that normally fills our conversations. It was nice and honest. And he said something that has really helped me, even though my husband and many others have been telling me the exact same thing. I guess that since it came from him (the one who is normally so sarcastic I sometimes wonder if he truly likes me, but really I know he does) that it actually sunk in.
I've been having a hard time for the majority of this pregnancy. Some days I wondered if there was a condition known as prepartum depression (or partum depression?, either way you get the idea). I've had some very low days spent wondering if I am worth having as a friend. I've had a really hard time this pregnancy accepting the fact that it is OK to gain weight - that, no, I'm not fat, but that I'm doing what is best for my baby. I've had days wondering if I'm going crazy having 2 little ones less than 2 years apart. How could I do this to William? He really has no idea what is coming his way. And the ever present concern over finances - how are we going to do this? - has plagued many days.
But in all of these hard days, I have found something so simple, yet so glorious. The love of my Savior, and the simple reminder that this is in HIS hands. This was in His plan and He will help me every step of the way. And it truly is amazing what great peace and love the sweet, innocent kiss and hug of my sweet William give me. David has also been my rock during this time. I know that I made the right choice when I married him. He truly is the better half of our marriage. I don't know what I'd do without him.
So, thanks, Eric, for telling me that I'm not fat and for the other nice compliments you gave me today. It meant a lot.
8 comments:
Rose- I am so glad you had a good talk with your brother-in-law. I am sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time. We need to get together! You are amazing and will do great with another little one wandering around. Love ya. Call me :)
I think I have pre-pregnancy depression because I get sullen too when I think of some of those things! :)
The one thing that has kept me so grounded in my life (in addition to a husband, they are great things) is knowing that someone else is driving this crazy train of life. And they know EXACTLY what they're doing. Glad you're feeling better.
Don't worry you look beautiful as always. I don't think that you are fat even though I could't see my son behind you at the store. JK!! Don't worry about William he will adjust quickly and never even remember what life was like before his brother wasn't there. He will have a forever friend and playmate which he will be forever grateful. I thought it was pretty easy going from one to two and William is such a good boy that he will be fine!! Love you!!!
I'm glad you shared this because not only did I learn that Eric is not completely worthless(jk)but that there are others out there like me. I have a hard time looking at my wedding album without getting depressed that i'll never look like that again. Also like Becky said.... William will get over it quickly. Lily's world revolves around Jake right now. She loves that kid.
being pregnant can be so hard--i know i struggled when i was pregnant with ky. i know Heavenly Father gives us a break because of all those hormones! my mom used to always say, "the best thing you can give an oldest child is a sibling." i love having 2 and i feel like i'm closer to landon now that i have 2. it's amazing how much love we can have.
now do you understand why i love eric so much, he's always sarcastic but serious and comforting when he needs to be. i love him to death. and no you are not fat, you just have something growning inside of you. William wil love having a sibling as much as i do, you can even name it erica for a girl or eric junior for a boy! you are amazing and strong,love you rose!
How did I miss this positive conversation? I'll have to make sure Eric reads this post! Seriously, you are a beautiful pregnant woman! Of course, it's hard to feel when it's you -- I always feel hideous when I'm pregnant, but it's not true. . . I hope!
Rosalee, please don't ever make a post about me like that again. That is destroying the image I have created about myself. Even though you have destroyed my image I am glad I could help.
Post a Comment