Friday, February 19, 2010

Jam

I just have to brag. My mom makes the BEST strawberry jam. Growing up, if mom's jam was all out it was like a crime. Smuckers and all the other brands just wouldn't do. It HAD to be mom's. There was a Jamaican missionary who served in our ward in Louisiana for a while. He loved my mom's jam so much he would literally lick his plate clean. I have to admit I've done that too. Well, this last summer I decided to be brave and make jam. I called my mom and received all the necessary instructions. It turned out absolutely fantastic and just like my mom's! Only problem, I didn't make that much. So we've been slowly using it since then so it will last until we can get some from my mom or until it's time to make more.
Well today I pulled out some jam from the freezer. William ate it on a waffle for lunch. I stepped out of the room for a minute. When I returned, I found this.


He actually had the plate pressed up against his face.
(Sadly I thought I took a picture of it, but I guess I didn't.)


Yep, our jam is THAT good!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Terry said...

How funny! He has the right idea and he must think it's pretty yummy jam too.

Nicole said...

that is so cute--it really must be yummy!

Becky said...

I like that jam too, William. You and Makayla will make quite a pair next week.

Merediths said...

Love it!!

Kat said...

That is adorable. You will have to teach me how to make it.