I was explaining to my friend Alyssa the other night why I chose the name William for you. Before I knew you were a boy, I would tell my friends that if the baby was a boy his name would be William Floyd after my dad. But then once I found out that you were indeed a boy, I began to doubt my name choice. It didn't help that some family members said that you should be named after your dad, not my dad. And it also didn't help that other family members were threatening to call you Will or Willy (you are not a whale!). I thought of other names like Jack or Henry, but they just didn't seem right. Deep in my heart, I knew that I wanted you to be William. Sweet William. That is actually what finally sold your name to me. My much beloved Grandma Gowans calls my dad Sweet William. I have always loved that. Then one day while I was pregnant she referred to you as sweet William. I absolutely loved it.
You are most definitely my Sweet William. Every now and then I call you Billy and it does kind of fit, but you will forever be my Sweet William. Your daddy and I love you with all our hearts.
Love,
Mommy
Mommy
5 comments:
Super sweet. Super, super sweet!
Love that kissy picture!
That was a very sweet post. I have had a few people tell me what I should and shouldn't name this soon to come baby and it bugs me. I should just go with what my heart tells me like you did.
Also I know you get this a lot but his eyes are AMAZING! I love them.
When you told us you were going to name him William I thought of all the nicknames he would have and wondered what he would be called but now that he is here it's hard to imagine him being called anything but William - the name fits him and it's a good name.
OH, i love the tie!
Oh I love this letter!
Post a Comment