Monday, February 9, 2009

25 random things

I was tagged to do this on facebook so I decided to publish it here also. Enjoy!

1. I love old movies. I especially like Cary Grant movies.
2. I used to have a secret desire to be a silent film actress, but had to give it up since they don't do that anymore. The desire came from watching the 1920s or 1930s The Phantom of the Opera. You should see it.
3. I love reading, yet I sometimes hate finishing a novel because I'm sad it's over.
4. During the week leading up to the BYU Utah football game I refuse to wear red because I don't want anyone to think I am a Utah fan... because I'm not and never will be.
5. While David was on his mission I had a crazy obsession with hangers. Each article of clothing had a specific hanger it had to be on. And of course red clothes had to be on a blue hanger to cancel out the Ute association. Luckily, I'm over that obsession now.
6. I prefer reading young adult and children's novels over adult novels. They are cleaner and way more imaginative.
7. I also LOVE reading classics.
8. I read Pride and Prejudice at least once a year.
9. One of my favorite movies is What a Girl Wants with Amanda Bynes and Colin Firth (aka Mr. Darcy).
10. Quilting gives me anxiety. I do enjoy sewing other things though.
11. I didn't think Mr. Darcy was hot until after he got out of his pond.
12. I love math. I want to take a calculus course at a community college or online just to keep up on my math skills.
13. One thing that REALLY bugs me is when people say that you are actually pregnant for 10 months. You're not. Give me a calendar and I'll prove it. If you go by lunar months (which we don't) then you can say you're pregnant for ten months. But like I said, we don't.
14. I love cheese.
15. I LOVE oreos!
16. I accidentally cut off part of my sister's finger when I slammed it in the bathroom door.
17. My favorite thing about cold weather is that you get to wear long sleeves.
18. I hate shorts. I either wear jeans or capris in the summer.
19. One of my dreams is to have my own horse someday.
20. The only death I have experienced was the death of my dog, Koko. He died when I was 16 and we had had him since he and I were both 2 months old. I still tear up when I talk about his death.
21. I love that David enjoys painting my toe nails. It is especially helpful when I am pregnant.
22. The Provo temple is my second favorite temple. I think it is beautiful!
23. The Salt Lake temple is my favorite temple for many reasons. I got married there. Also many members of my family were married or sealed there.
24. I love stars. William's room is decorated with stars.
25. I really enjoy watching Good Morning America.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! We're throwing a baby shower for Jenna this Wednesday at Heather B's--(the upstairs of the house Jenna lives in). It's from 6-8. Hope to see you there!!!

Becky said...

#16, brings back horrible and very painful memories for me. Thanks for reminding me all about it. Have you stuck any more rings up your nose lately?!

Jenna said...

Wierd, I like to read young adult novels more than adult novels too! And, I also read Pride and Prejudice once a year. And, I love What a Girl Wants, we should watch it sometime, Brett refuses to watch it with me.

Ashley said...

Have you ever been to the Organ Loft in Salt Lake? They play old silent films with a guy playing the organ for the music! That is where I saw the old Phantom. It is fun to go there for "Friday night date night":)

Nat said...

Hi! I'm not sure if you remember me - it's been a long while - but David should at the very least. :-) I found your blog through Terry's and just had to stop in and say hi. You have such a beautiful family! Your little guy is so darling. Hope you're having fun with him and that all is well.

-Natalie Wright Zohner
natalie.zohner@gmail.com

Kat said...

Confession: I was once one of those people who thought you were pregnant for 10 months. Don't worry I figured it out. Also when Jacob and I got married I thought some of his shirts were ugly so I would hang them on a colored hanger that would clash really bad with the color of his shirt in hopes that it would make the shirt look worse and he would see how ugly it was. I also think it is cute that David paints your Toenails. I tried to get Jacob to paint mine when I was pregnant with Lily and he thought I was weird.

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey, i'm sorry this is last minute but I wanted to invite you to my Digital Scrapbooking Class/Party tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:00 pm at my house. I'm teaching how to do it and giving away free stuff and I have some gift items for sale.