Friday, July 18, 2008

New Things

Well, we moved into our new apartment about 2 weeks ago. I will post pictures of the apartment later. Today I just wanted to post a few pictures of some of our new things.

This is the crib that my father-in-law made for us. It is made out of walnut. My dad had a piece of walnut that he had saved for years, so that is why we chose walnut. I love the crib! It is so beautiful!

This is my new glider and ottoman. I love it! It is super comfy. Marcella (my niece) and I like to sit in it and read stories together. I'm excited to rock my baby in it someday!

This is actually not new. This the dresser I used growing up. It is also a changing table. I think my parents got this for their first baby. So it is about 29 years old. My dad and brother stripped the old paint off. I did the sanding. And then David and I painted it. The color is called Chocolate Coco. When we poured the paint on the tray it looked like melted chocolate.

And this is a view of our laundry room. We decided to use our stimulus check to "stimulate" Home Depot by buying a new washer and dryer. It is so nice to have my very own washer and dryer. The washer is a front loader. The first time we ran it, David and I sat in front of it and watched it. It's pretty cool. I don't think I'll post a video though. It would be way too exciting. Both machines are GE. They are super nice. And because our washer is an Energy Star product we get lots of rebates! Even better!



6 comments:

Becky said...

It all looks very nice.

Alyssa said...

I love it!! The crib is absolutely beautiful, and is such a great thing that your father in law made it!! It will be a nice thing to pass down, and use with all of your children! I love the chair, I really wanted one but we never got it :( Maybe someday. And im super jealous of the washer and dryer, in fact I covet it, I know I just broke a commandment...but I will repent later ;) Our washer and dryer are from the 80's but hey they work so I can't complain too much. Im so excited for you!! You have a cute baby room, and the washer and dryer is a MUST for a new baby!! And your baby is a little over a month away!! I hope that all is going GREAT and that you are getting lots and lots of sleep!!love you!!

Unknown said...

amazing crib. your dad did such a good job.

Beej & Chris said...

Yeah for new pictures! I LOVE it all. I miss you guys. Good thing I will see you soon Rose. :D Hope all is good. Can't wait to see you!!

Jenna said...

I love the crib, it is beautiful! I love walnut too. How are you doing? Do you like the new apartment? We need to have some kind of end of summer get together before the semester starts and your baby arrives. Congrats on the washer and dryer and baby things!

Jenna said...

Wow, you are getting so close! How are you feeling? Are you getting tired of being pregnant?