Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Golden Birthday

For many years now I've been looking forward to my golden birthday. You know, the day you turn the same age as your birth date.  Well this year was that magical year. I turned 26 on the 26th. I'd always envisioned a big party with lots of friends and family. I held on to that vision until a few days before my birthday. I knew David hadn't planned a party. I feared my much-anticipated day would not live up to my expectations, but I was wrong.

David stayed up late to decorate the house for me.
He hung golden balloons from the ceiling in our living room just for my special day. 

He also spoiled me with many nice and thoughtful gifts. 

But most importantly, the day was filled with what matters most... the people I love. 

William

Henry
(Can you believe all this came from just one half of a cupcake! Now that is talent!)

My parents, Adam, Terry, and Nathan all came to celebrate the day with us. We went out for a favorite dinner of mine (pupusas!) and then came back for a delicious dessert made by David.
It was perfect.
I had lots of sweet messages from friends on facebook. My father-in-law, my sisters and my older brother all called me to wish me a happy birthday.
The day was perfect because it was filled with love.
Thank you David for helping me have the best golden birthday.
I love you!  

1 comment:

Becky said...

I didn't realize that it was your golden birthday sorry about that. But I am glad that David made it very special for you. I am glad you had a great day. Love you lots!!