Friday, September 24, 2010

William's 2nd Birthday!

William turned 2 over a month and a half ago. Thanks to his and David's birthdays being fairly close together, William was excited for his birthday.


We decided to invite some family over for a little party on the 15th. Both sets of his grandparents, Adam, Nathan, and Amy came.


William got lots of great presents! He was so excited about his new cars and his new pjs from my parents. He also LOVES his new table and chairs that Grandpa Dann made for him. The picture doesn't do the table justice. They are made from maple and walnut and are amazing!


William's cake. William loves the movie Cars so I decided to have McQueen and Doc racing on a "dirt track" on a bundt cake. William loved it! (Adam loved all the frosting! I think he ate most of the frosting in the center of the cake.)


William blew out his candles all by himself - with no spit!!!


I think he enjoyed his party!


David took the day off work for William's birthday. We went out to eat for lunch and then went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens for their 2 buck Tuesdays. We had a blast exploring some of the gardens. We didn't get around to all the gardens, but just saw our favorites, due to my condition (I'll do a separate post about that later). William loved running around and exploring everything! I cannot wait until we have a backyard for this boy to explore any time he wants!


William got to open presents throughout the day. Henry gave William Mater and Sally cars from the movie. William also got Woody and Buzz, a new Cars/Toy Story blanket that I made for him, and some books.



And of course, he got more cake! He also got to blow out the candles again. He had a fabulous birthday!

William, we sure love you!

3 comments:

heather said...

happy birthday! Can't believe he is 2!

Kat said...

How fun. I love birthday cake eating pictures. Too bad I couldn't get Jake to eat his. We'll try again next time I guess. He is so cute and the table and chairs are awesome.

Becky said...

He looks so big in the first picture. Hard to believe two years have gone by already. We sure do love him and miss him!!