Thursday, September 9, 2010

David's birthday

David's birthday was the 6th of August. I was so proud of myself because all of his presents were a surprise this year! Either I haven't kept secrets in the past or we went shopping together for his presents. This year William "helped" me pick out presents for David.

David had to work on his birthday. But once he got home we had a splendid time. I made homemade biscuits and gravy for dinner per his request. Then he got to open his presents.


William and Henry gave him Go Fish and Chuki (a Japanese car from the movie Cars which William promptly claimed for himself).


William got to help Daddy open his presents. He really enjoyed birthdays this year. We tried to play it up more so that he would get excited for his own birthday which I'll post about soon.


David was super excited for his strawberry cheesecake caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company. After opening presents we went out for ice cream sundaes.

I feel so blessed to have David as my husband and as the father of my children. He is so patient, kind, and loving and really brings out the best in me. We love you David!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kanien said...

Yum! I bet that apple was so yummy. I love those treats. We are glad you had a fun Birthday David. When did you guys get a new chair? It looks super comfy.

Becky said...

I am glad David had a great birthday!! It sure looked and sounded like a great one.