Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving with my family. We had a fabulous day together. I even mustered up enough courage to make homemade rolls for the very first time. Ever. And they were fabulous! Thanks to a fantastic recipe found here. We enjoyed a lovely dinner that started out with quite the bang. Literally. My mother suddenly became quite queasy when she sat down to dinner. After she excused herself, she slept through our Thanksgiving dinner. Then, poor Lizzie fell - booster seat and all - on to my parents' hardwood floor (and you should be proud, I didn't laugh. However whenever I think about it now, I cannot help but laugh). She ended up with a rather remarkable goose egg and bruise. Needless to say, it was a thanksgiving that will not soon be forgotten.
This was William's first Thanksgiving dinner that he enjoyed firsthand. He loved the rolls, mashed potatoes, and the sweet potato casserole. I'm not sure if he ate any turkey. I don't remember if I gave him anything else. I was a little distracted.


"Cheese."


When Lizzie left, William took over caring for the baby doll. So precious.


We had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

Look at all of those teeth in William of course!! Cute pictures! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! I missed you all.

Nicole said...

thanks for the roll recipe, i will have to try it out. and Ky has that same sleeper--so cute!

Amber said...

Wow! He really has your eyes! so cute!