As most of you probably know, I started teaching kindergarten in August. This has been quite the adventure thus far. I currently have 22 students in my class and all my students stay with me all day. At first I had a lot that had a difficult time with this. However, now they are all doing very well with it. My students are lots of fun and are all very unique. I have 8 girls and 14 boys. All I have to say is that when the majority of a group is male, the atmosphere is rather unique. I guess I have one more thing to say, I really pray that I have daughters!!! I would love to have an even number of boys and girls when we have kids. But we'll see.
So back to my class, I have had some pretty interesting experiences. I have a boy who calls himself Naughty Robot. Apparently this is from the Incredibles. Anyway, he will smack his head at completely random times and say "bong!" At first it really annoyed me, but now I love it! I think he is awesome. Today I had a boy who had just gone to the bathroom and then came out and talked to me. I didn't completely understand exactly what he was saying, but the main gist of it had something to do with his privates and how he tucked them in. Totally bizarre!! Another funny thing happened yesterday. We aren't sure what little girl this was, but we do know she is a kindergartner. This little girl was swinging and then heard her teacher call her class to line up. She proceeded to sing "I believe I can fly" as she jumped off the swing. Her song promptly ended when she fell instead of flew!
Teaching kindergarten can be very hard at times. It can be so taxing when you have numerous kids yelling "teacher, teacher" to get your attention. However, it is so rewarding!!! One little boy could only draw circles for his name when school started. Now, he is actually writing his name (bless his mother for working with him at home)!!! It is so exciting to see a child's fire really light as they begin to learn and explore in school.
I plan on posting many more fun things from my experiences teaching kindergarten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like a challenging job. You're really performing an excellent service...especially when you consider how horribly school teachers are paid. Way to go, Rose!
that's a lot of boys! Good luck! Yes, it is too bad that you get payed so little but at least you get a paycheck. I'm sure y ou'll have your rewarding days, good days, bad days, frustrating days and want to tear your hair out days but you'll do great. thanks for taking time to update your blog!
That is some pretty funny stuff. Only from the mouth of babes... they sure do some cute things. It could of been worse that darling little boy could have asked for help after he came out of the bathroom. Keep up the good work "teacher".
Post a Comment