Monday, June 27, 2011

Henry's 1st Birthday - Zoo Trip

On Henry's birthday we spent the morning/early afternoon at our local zoo.


The boys were very excited to be there! 

Henry was in awe of everything around him! 

We caught the boys holding hands as we were walking around. I thought it was adorable! Definitely one of those tender moments every mother cherishes.


Here are some of the wildlife we saw. The boys absolutely loved the elephants. The baby elephant was adorable! And the dinosaurs were kinda random, but pretty fun - especially the ones that spit at you! 

William really enjoyed the giraffes. He loved see their long purplish tongues. 

Henry also loved the giraffes - even those this picture would make it seem otherwise. 

With our zoo pass we get unlimited train and carousel rides. We didn't make it to the train because of how busy the zoo was, but we did ride the carousel once. It was so fun! William loved riding on the wolf. 

Henry also enjoyed the carousel. As soon as it started moving up he looked up and just stared in awe. He  loved going up and down so much he started dancing!

We had a blast at the zoo! We're so glad we got to spend some time there with just our little family before our big party that night. More to come on Henry's birthday tomorrow!

4 comments:

Christa said...

I luh-uv the zoo. I try to get Camron to go with me all the time. I can't wait til Jack is a little bit older and will enjoy it so I can use him as an excuse to go ;)
I'm so glad you guys had fun with your boys. They are so cute. I love the picture of them holding hands.

Alyssa said...

Looks like lots of fun! And by the way you look amazing in all the pictures :) Im glad you had a fun family outing to the zoo for Henry's birthday. Your boys are adorable!

Michelle and Laron said...

It's such a great milestone getting to your kid's first birthday... They're so fun at that age! I'm glad you guys could do something fun. And I had the same thought that Alyssa had... You REALLY look great! Maybe that color of pink is YOUR color or something! Or maybe it's just that happy pregnancy glow about you.

Becky said...

I am glad that the boys get along more in the stroller than they did last summer on our trip. I am glad you all had a great time.