Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I've been thinking about this Halloween since last Halloween (2008). I knew I had to come up with costumes that equaled what I did last year. Don't remember what we did last year? Check it out here. My original idea came from the nursery rhyme Three Men in a Tub. However, while researching that nursery rhyme online, I came across a questionable version where the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker are NOT the ones in the tub. Rather, they are watching 3 maidens in a tub. Lest any one think I have a family of peeping toms, I decided to change my original idea. Now, I made this discovery the middle of September, and I had come up with my idea probably last November or December. I was even hoping I would be pregnant by Halloween so I could be the baker with a bun in the oven. I should have just done this idea. I was super excited about it, and who cares if someone knows the weird peeping tom version. That's not the one I knew! Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks to a sister I visit teach, I came up with a great idea for Halloween.

Featuring:

William the fierce, red dragon.


Sir David, the knight in shining armor.


And Princess Rosalee.


I loved watching William toddle around in his costume. It took him a few minutes to find his balance before he could take off around the room.

I think our costumes turned out really great in the end. Do I think we equaled our hot dog costumes last year? Nope. But that's ok by me. We still had a fantastic Halloween. William didn't really care about trick-or-treating, but I know he cares about the results! I hope you all are enjoying your spoils!
Happy Halloween!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Becky said...

Great job updating your blog!!!! I am sure all of your viewers will be so pleased. I love the fierce dragon oh and David's trusty horse very nicely done.

Kat said...

You guys looked great! I love the last picture of William standing at eh piano. It just looks so stinking cute with that tail poking straight out.

heather said...

Love it! Costumes are awesome. Can't wait until next year!

Jenna said...

that is too cute!

Ashley said...

Those costumes are so cute! I think both last years and this years are awesome.

Nicole said...

You all look so awesome! What an adorable dragon! i love it when families dress in a theme.

lori said...

I love the costumes!

Dani and Isaac said...

I love the dragon costume! He is darling!

Haylee said...

SOOOO stinkin cute!! LOVE IT!!