Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

David, William, and I had a wonderful 4th of July. We had delicious pulled pork at my parents' house that afternoon. My sister, Shannon, came with her family, and my grandparents also came. My cousin Amanda also came, and of course my little brother Adam was there.

After lunch we had a birthday celebration for Emma who turned 6 recently. After our lunch we spent the afternoon reading and playing games. My dad, Shannon, Amanda, and I played Omega Virus.

David arrived at my parents' house around 6 or so. Poor David had to work on the 4th, but at least he got paid double time and a half! After a light dinner we headed to the Clearfield park to claim a spot for the fireworks. David and William played together for a little bit. I love watching them play together. You can really tell that they just adore each other!


Fun family photo! I should really let other people take pictures of us every now and then! Maybe then we'd have a decent and recent family photo.

We enjoyed a beautiful sunset! William survived until the fireworks at 10pm. The three of us snuggled up on the blanket and oohed and aahed with the crowd. I was thrilled that William didn't get scared by the noise. He watched the fireworks the whole time without trying to get away.

We had a great 4th of July. I love the patriotic holidays and all that they represent. I can't help but think of all the men and women who have served and are serving our nation in the military. Growing up in the air force and sending my dad off to war when I was little make these holidays even more meaningful. We hope you all had a fantastic 4th of July!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dani and Isaac said...

I love the family photo- I think its darling even if it is one you took yourself :)

Becky said...

Cute pictures. I am glad that William enjoyed the show and didn't get scared. We can't wait to see you all again next month.

Kanien said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am excited to hang out with you tonight.

raoelinafamily_chronicals said...

yipee i am free.....these are so cute of william