So one of the boys in my class has been giving me A LOT of hugs since Monday or Tuesday. It was about 4 or 5 hugs a day. Well, today he probably gave me at least 10 hugs. When he was leaving after school got out, he gave me a big hug. I asked him "Why are you giving me so many hugs?" (in a nice way of course). His reply to me was, "Because I love you!" He had the biggest smile on his face when he said that. It was so adorable! It totally made my day.
A couple months ago, the mother of another boy in my class told me about her son's grandparents questioning him about school. They asked him if he liked his teacher. His reply to them was a very shy, "I love her!" So cute!!!
Today a girl in my class was not feeling very well. I told her she should probably go home, but she just cried! At recess time I asked her why she didn't want to go home. She replied, "I just want to stay with you!" It made me feel so good!
I love teaching kindergarten because of how loving and innocent the children are. It's fantastic to be surrounded every day by little children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ohhhh! So sweet! I love you too, Mrs. Dougal.
I'm sure you're SO SO good at it, Rosalee! No wonder those kids love you! Can you be Lucy's K-teacher too???!
So fun to see you guys the other day!
Aww, that's adorable. I went and did some observations in a first grade class the week before we got married, and I had so many little friends in just a couple of hours--it's such a great self-esteem boost, because they love you just for liking them, and don't care about all the stuff we sometimes worry about.
I'm sure you're totally deserving of all of their love, and then some.
check out my blog - y ou have been tagged - both of you.
how cute! you must be such a good teacher. our blog is at tregaskisfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment